Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 30 P90

Okay....just finished another sculpting workout with the P90 and I have to say it is getting better. If you can count you can see I'm a couple of days behind in the program. There are some days that work and commitments take up more time than I can afford. I checked in the forums online and this seems to be a common problem. I feel fortunate to only being down a couple days.

I use the iPod and turn down the volume on the TV so I don't hear the same thing over and over.....much better now. On their scale of 1-4 I would say I'm a 1 1/2 right now. The exercises are much much easier for me now but I really don't think I'm at level 2 and certainly not ready to tackle level 3. Anyway, I've been substituting two things: 1) 2 hours of volleyball on Wednesday nights for the cardio. I am making up the crunches on Thursday nights. 2) I substitute the Fat Burning CD for one night of cardio. It has a lot of the same routines but it is a bit higher level of workout.

I am down to 218lbs as of this morning (remember, I started at 234.5). I can actually see my ribs now....LOL. BTW, the Yoga is still very very hard for me but I'm getting there.

One thing I've learned. DO THE STRETCHES! I didn't put much stock into the stretches but it really does make a difference in the quality of the workout. It's like "how low can you go". Lower with the stretches...definitely!

This is new territory for me. I joined a gym three and they enjoyed my money while I went home and sat around and ate the wrong foods. This has been fun and I am even amazing myself. I actually sprinted about 200 yards on a power walk this week. I mean sprinted. That's probably not a big thing for you? But for me? That is huge and it felt great.

On another note:
I miss my son. I miss my daughter-in-law. I miss Luke! There's no two ways about it. Being a dad and grandfather is both rewarding AND difficult at times. They are on my mind constantly and I'm so looking forward to seeing them (and Noah) in October.

No comments: