Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RS Annual Meeting - Day Two


Day two was very tiring. We started the day around 8:30 this morning with presentations from the CEO, CFO, CMO, etcetera, etcetera. As the day went on more jibber jabber, oops, presentations from AT&T, T-Mobile, Apple, Sandisk, HTC, Cisco and others about how great their products are. They showed us slides of endless numbers and marketing research that made the whole day very confusing and mundane. Our CEO painted a pretty good picture of the "state of the economy" of RadioShack and I feel more confident.

I had dinner tonight with some very good friends from North Carolina. They are Boyd and Lynda Sosserman from Sylva and Tony and Monica Curtis from Franklin. These are some seriously good people and they were good company for the evening. We had a really nice dinner but, of course, we talked RS all night. I'm the guy with hair.

Lance Armstrong was our guest speaker. I took this picture of the screen since we were pretty far back. He explained the details of the Livestrong foundation for cancer research. It was very interesting and all the women swooned. (Some of you may have to Google "swooned").

They are having a silent auction for merchandise to benefit the Livestrong foundation. One of the items up for auction, believe it or not, is two tickets to the Final Four in Houston in 2011. I just told Sue last week that I wanted to go. I am high bidder at the moment. I'll remain silent about how much I am willing to spend. That would be awesome to win and is the highest priced item on the tables. They are also auctioning a brick from the old Yankee stadium, a jersey signed by Lance, tickets to a Dallas Cowboys home game, two iPads, high end cell phones & a Tony Stewart autographed NASCAR drivers helmet. But, I'm after the Final Four tickets.

1 comment:

Sue said...

another iPad would be nice!