Tuesday, July 20, 2010

P90 Day 15

I have never been one to commit to any kind of daily excercise routine. So this is new territory for me. After moving up a size in my waist, I decided it was time.

I am still working with the P90 program although I have to say that Tony is getting pretty boring. I still listen to him (with music off) because he does bring "form" to my attention. I think that's the most important part of the routines. I think it's funny when he talks about his "superior" balance then falls over on the next routine.

I've added another dimension to the cardio workout. I do a 2 mile power walk around our neighborhood. We have a couple of really steep hills and I get more heartpounding cardio doing that than the P90. The circuit workout kicks my butt so I am staying with it as-is for now.

I am struggling with two parts of the cardio. First, I simply can't do the yoga excercises. I really have tried and I know its important but I simply don't bend the way he does (or come even close). Second, the jumping jacks and hopping hurt my knees and insides. I do the alternate moves....step, step....but that doesn't seem to do much. I'll keep at it, though as best I can.

Anyway, no more weight loss but still at it and I am feeling a ton better.

(I miss my wife. She is out of the country for 10 days)

No comments: