Monday, April 6, 2009

Nice Day!

I celebrated my 53rd birthday on Sunday. April is so full of birthdays...so many and so little time! Jeff (March 30th), McKenzie, Leanne, Jonas & I all have birthdays within a 2 week period. McKenzie actually has 3 each year. She celebrates her actual day and then has two parties (one for kids and one for adults) on the weekend after the actual day. It gets rather confusing.
We slept in this morning and went to the late service at Hebron. The praise team sang "I Will Rise". That was pretty cool since I had just posted this song on the blog. They bundled the chorus of "It is Well" at the end. I believe they did that just for my birthday. It was very moving and Larry preached a rousing sermon on the power of the cross to get us ready for Easter.
Jonas called in the afternoon and Sue, Jen, Robert & Nicklas took me to eat dinner at Logan's. You might think that's no big deal but I like Logan's and nobody else does. "It's the peanuts", I keep telling them.
Facebook is good about telling everybody about your birthday. I did get lots of birthday wishes from friends new and old. Days like today make me very thankful for my friends and family. I am thankful even though one of them called me an "old fart". Some people have no class but can be great friends.

No comments: